1. Do not use a polish that contains silicone or alcohol. Alcohol is the main ingredient in many strippers and using alcohol can spoil the finish. Keep solvents like alcohol, nail polish, and polish removers away from wood surfaces.
2. Blotting up spills, using hot pads, and placing objects carefully, it will help it keep its sparkling finish.
3. Avoid using household cleaners with ammonia to clean furniture.
4. Water spots should be allowed to dry completely. Then apply mayonnaise a soft cloth and rub on the watermark.
5. Wood expands and contracts as the amount of moisture in the air changes. Keep an even humidity level in your home to help preserve your fine furniture. Use a humidifier in winter and air conditioning in the summer to keep relative humidity between 35 percent.
6. When your heat is on the humidity inside your home drops and steals moisture from your furniture. Dry heat can cause wood to dry out and shrink, possibly leading to cracks. Do not position your solid wood furniture directly in front of radiators, fireplaces, heating units, or heating vents.
7. Keep furniture out of the sun to prevent fading and any shrinking or drying of the wood, which could eventually lead to cracks. Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight as the sun dries the wood. Consider using drapes, sheers, or protective window films to protect furnishings from the sun’s rays. Continuous direct sunlight can rob your solid wood furniture of its beautiful finish.
8. Dust your solid wood furniture often to remove abrasive particles on the surface.
9. Dusting your furniture will help remove particles that can build up and scratch the surface.
10.Follow the grain pattern of the wood when dusting.
11.Use a soft, wet cloth with a few drops of water, dusting agent, or polish. A completely dry cloth can leave scratches.
12.Be sure cloths are not too damp or wet.
13.Never spray furniture directly with water or cleaning products.
14.A dry, soft cloth, cheesecloth, feather duster, lamb’s wool duster, cotton diaper, or cut-up T-shirt are all gentle enough to clean your furniture.
15.A paste wax can be applied every 6 to 12 months to protect the finish. Remove old wax first with a mild, non-alkaline soap and water solution.
16.Polish furniture once a month, but don’t over polish. Too much can cause build-up.
17.Blot clean all spills immediately.
18.Do not use covers with rubber or vinyl backing as the chemicals contained in them can ruin the finish.
19.Always lift and place objects on the surface of your fine furniture. Never drag objects across it.
20.Open and close doors and drawers gently.
Copyright © 2023 Woavin studio - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Miscinno India